Your views are welcomed at all times at St Nicholas.
If you are dissatisfied with any area of school life, then please follow the steps below. We are committed to supporting you and ensuring all complaints are dealt with effectively and quickly.
- Informal Stage— please discuss the issue with your child’s class teacher. If the class teacher is unavailable, then please speak with another staff member.
- Second Stage— please discuss the issue with the Headteacher if you feel that the class teacher has not solved the issue.
- Formal Stage A— please write to the Headteacher if you feel the initial verbal discussion has not solved the issue. Please include all details of your issue and which staff member you previously liaised with. Your complaint should be acknowledged within 3 days.
- Formal Stage B— please write to the Chair of Governors if you feel your issue is still not resolved. The Chair will set up a panel of governors to consider the complaint. The panel will then write to you with their findings and any recommendations within 7 school days.
- If all attempts to resolve the complaint have been unsuccessful, you may refer your complaint to the Secretary of State for Education at the Department for Education, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT. For more information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education.
The Secretary of State is unlikely to investigate individual issues.